And that's putting it mildly, too!
My friend frisky went on a commenting spree last night on this blog, and one of them reminded me that I hadn't mentioned how, after the great snow of Oct. 27, 2011, it's pretty much only snowed once or twice since then. Not so great for the snow sport industry on this coast, but wonderful for saving us from all the back-breaking shoveling we did during 2010-2011's Snowmageddon.
To understand how different last year's winter is from this year's, consider that in 2010-2011 the Boston area experienced about 85 inches of snow--that's more than seven feet! So far in 2011-2012? I can't find an official number, but I suspect we've had less than a foot. Both extremes are very abnormal for this area, but I guess Mother Nature is giving us a break this year to even it all out.
Wednesday, February 08, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's not snowing here either, so the poor resorts must be losing some money. Good that you don't have to shovel though.
Post a Comment